We have all wanted to make our furry children part of our photo fun time, but it doesn't always go as planned!
Here are a few tips to remember when bringing them along!
- BRING SOMEONE ALONG- Biggest rule of bringing the furry friends along to the session, always bring someone with you to hold them while you get photos done without them. So that way they have someone to keep them calm, walk them around, and just simple keep them company.
- Let us know!- If you want to bring your pet along, we always welcome that idea, but let us know that you are planning on bringing the furry member of the family so we are prepared!
- TREATS! - Best thing to always remember, is ALWAYS BRING TREATS! You're pup is much more likely to work better with motives! My dogs always listen when there is food involved, if they aren't getting a snack out of that trick, chances are, trick isn't happening. And you don't have to go out and buy treats just for your session, some dogs will even be satisfied with their own food!
- We all gotta go! Please remember to bring baggies in case your pup has to go at any point during the session. All of our locations are public and owned obviously by someone; its just common curiosity to clean up after them!
- Leashes- Always bring a leash, its a lot easier to edit out a leash than having your dog run off during the session, not to mention its easier to keep them around you at all times.
- Toys- If your dog has a favorite toy, bring it along! It makes getting their attention during the actual photo a lot easier. Not to mention it gives them something to play with while you're getting your photo taken!
- Keep your cool- Remember, your dog may be in a new place with lots of new things to look at and smell. They will not be giving you their undivided attention. Just remember to keep your cool and be patience with them! We will try our best to get their attention and make our poses as easy as possible for the pets to be able to fit in perfectly with the rest of the family.
- Think of the location- If you scheduled your session for the middle of a day at say a busy park with a lot of people, your pet is going to be very distracted. Make sure you're thinking of the type of area, and how many things will be going on when you're session is taking place.
Bringing pets along for photos is a great idea! Just remember to keep these tips in mind before scheduling the session!! It will help things moved smoothly for not only us, but for you as well!
See these adorable pups, stay tuned for links to adopt one of these cuties!